Vidyanjali Yojana | A School Volunteer Programme/Scheme
Education Minister Smt. Smriti Irani recently announced a unique scheme to boost up the education system in India. She has introduced a new scheme called Vidyanjali Yojana to invite a bunch of experienced people to join the schools and educational institutes to each millions of kids. The scheme allows people from non-teaching background to come and join this volunteer program for betterment of education system. From now onwards people do not need any certifications or exams to become a government teacher.
Vidyanjali Yojana – Objective
There are several places in India where education system is still under the vain. Students from those schools don’t get basic education from those underdeveloped schools. The main objective of the scheme is to provide volunteer teachers to those schools, especially the ones that don’t have any educated teachers to assist the kids in their education.
The scheme is inviting the people from different background and services to let them share their education and experience with the kids to educate them properly.
Vidyanjali Yojana – Key Features
- No specific qualification for teaching is needed to apply for this scheme. Anyone from any service can join the team and start teaching the kids.
- This scheme is completely volunteering based. People who are retired or housewives can move forward and join the scheme to uplift the Indian education system.
- All the government schools from total of 20 prominent states will be involved in this program. One can join any of the schools near their district or place and start teaching the students.
- Ex-service men, retired school teachers, housewives, ex-defence officers and other government officials can join the scheme as volunteer teachers.
- The scheme has become the bridge between the under privileged kids and the educated society.
How to Apply for Vidyanjali Yojana
To apply for the Vidyanjali Yojana, one needs to fill up an application form. There are few steps by following them one can register for the scheme.
- Step 1: go to the website mygov.in
- Step 2: register with the website with a valid email ID or Phone number
- Step 3: click on the Vidyanjali scheme in the website to find the application form
- Step 4: fill up the application form with needful information such as name, contact details, ID proof and such.
- Step 5: submit the form along with other documents
- Step 6: successfully registered for the scheme.
The selection process will be supervised by the Block Education Officer and the head master of the concerned schools.
- Once the registration is done BEO chooses the applicants
- After consulting with the head master of proposed school, BEO appoints the volunteers
- The volunteers are then sent to the schools only after the head master agrees to them.
- The service span can be for 2 weeks continuous service or once in a week for 12 weeks.
- Once the stipulated time for each volunteer will end, he/she can again apply for the extension if needed through online application as mentioned above.
Vidyanjali Yojana Volunteers’ responsibilities
- The responsibilities of the volunteers will be almost same as of a certified and permanent teacher. However the appointing volunteer teachers will not affect the job positions of the regular teachers in any schools. The main responsibilities, apart from teaching them on specific subjects, of the volunteers will be:
- Train the students to how to read and write skilfully. There are several things other than bookish knowledge which can be helpful for the kids. The volunteers will make them study those things.
- Help them thoroughly to participate in creative performances like acting, dancing, singing and pottery and some other creative activities like story building etc.
- Making them aware of current society and social behaviour, how to talk in public, how to deal with the outer world and much more related to public relations.
- Talk to them personally and make them realise how life can be shaped after education and how they pursuit their future.
Who will be Vidyanjali Yojana Volunteers
Mostly the scheme is for the retired people. People from any service such as defence, health, sports, retired teachers, housewives, ex government service men and so on can join the program as volunteers.
Eligibility for Vidyanjali Yojana volunteers
- An Indian citizen holding Indian passport/PAN/Voter ID card is eligible to join the program. Non-residential Indians can also apply for the scheme but they have to hold Overseas Citizenship of India.
- Retired people like ex-service men, ex-government employees, and defence officers are eligible for the scheme. People who are not been in any government jobs before but having graduation degree can apply for the scheme as well.
- Housewives are also eligible for this scheme. They have to complete their graduation successfully beforehand to apply for the scheme. However no such specific subject or marks or certification is needed to apply for the scheme.
- As a whole there is no specific certificate or exam is required to join the scheme and become a volunteer teacher. But minimum graduation should be there for this social work.
Benefits of Vidyanjali Yojana
- The biggest benefit of the yojana is to provide educational assistance to those who need it the most. Most of the kids don’t get it due to lack of proper system or money or sometimes infrastructure.
- People who are willing to serve the society with the knowledge they posses will get a good channel to share their knowledge with needy people.
- Retired people and housewives who can manage to have ample time can now utilize them through attending such noble job.
- Kids who are immensely intelligent and talented but don’t get platform to explore, can get opportunities to fulfil their dream and pursuit their career in future.
How to implement Vidyanjali Yojana
- To make the scheme successfully implemented the authority must publicise the scheme, social network will be preferred.
- Make the BEOs aware of the process and application form selection
- The time between selecting an applicant to appoint him/her must be short
- Quick actions are needed time to time.
Quick Details of the Scheme
|16th June 2016
|Retired service men, housewives, other