Vocational Training Scheme Delhi 2019-20 [Eligibility Criteria, Application Form Process]
The Vocational training scheme in Delhi has been launched with the aim of imparting training to candidates belonging to the backward classes of the society. The scheme mainly targets Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes including the physically handicapped ones. The proposal for the extension of annual income limit has been proposed by the social welfare department. In the following part of the article, you get to know about other relevant details of the scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme
|Vocational training scheme Delhi
|ST, SC and other backward classes of the society
|Main objective of the scheme
|Imparting training to candidates of backward
|Scheme has been launched in
|Scheme has been proposed by
|Social welfare department
Key features of the scheme
- Main objective of the scheme – According to the rules of the scheme, it will help to develop knowledge and skills in the trade. This shall help the students belonging to the backward classes to become self-reliant and find out ways for their employment. From the training, the students will be well prepared for job interviews.
- Scheme funding – The scheme has been funded by the Delhi state government that would help in effective implementation of the scheme. Other than this, training will be given via two government centerssuch as Apparel Textiles Design Centre and National Small Industries Corporation. However, the training procedure would be supervised by the central government’s ministry of small enterprises, along with the ministry of textiles.
- Selection process for the scheme – The candidates will be selected only after proper scrutiny of the documents submitted by the candidates. Only after proper verification, the candidates will be called for interview by the state officials.
What are the eligibility criteria and documents required for the Vocational Training scheme?
- Resident of Delhi–One of the prerequisite to get benefits under the scheme is that the citizens should be permanent residents of Delhi. The scheme benefits will not be available to citizens outside Delhi. So, candidates have to submit documents like Aadhaar card or Voter ID card in support of their claim.
- Age limit – The candidates belonging to the age group of 18 to 40 years are allowed to attain the scheme benefits. So, they should submit identity card such as Aadhaar card or Voter Id card to justify their claims at the time of registration.
- Income certificate – The income limit to be eligible to get the benefits under the scheme has been raised from rupees 1 lakh to 3 lakhs. This would help the students to get training. So, at the time of registration for the scheme, the students applying for the same should produce income certificate of the family. This will help to ensure whether the student is eligible to get the perks of the scheme or not.
- Backward classes – The citizens belonging to ST, SC, and minority and OBC category are eligible to avail scheme benefits. Citizens belonging to other levels of the society are not allowed to get benefits under the scheme.
However, after the candidates submit the relevant documents at the time of registration, it would be scrutinized by the state government authorities. Only after proper verification, the candidate can avail the benefits.
Since the extension of annual income as a criterion is a newly proposed idea, its procedure of online application is yet to be declared by the state government. But as soon as it comes up, the interested candidates will be the first one to know about it. For the same, they have to visit the official portal related to the scheme on a frequent note.
However, the scheme has been decided by the state government on account of the improved cost of living of citizens in Delhi. Also, by the scheme, it would help the state government to sponsor sufficient students in the government centers mentioned above. This shall help students belonging to lower levels of society get proper education and look for opportunities for employment.
Other links –
- Sugarcane Juice Business Ideas in India
- SBI offers loans to 7 lakh people under Jan-Dhan Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility
- Atal pension Yojana Calculator