Sabka Vishwas or Legacy Dispute Resolution Scheme 2019-20 PDF FAQ Rules[How to Apply, Eligibility, Documents, Registration Form Status,Helpline Toll free Number, Website
Business owners and manufacturing companies come under the central taxation system. But many companies try to evade their tax payments. The central government has the power to take legal action against such companies. But it makes the relation between the government and the business community bitter. In an attempt to settle all disputes, the central government has announced and implemented a new scheme that will benefit business organizations. The name of this scheme is Sabka Vishwas or Legacy Dispute Resolution Scheme. In this article, you will read about the features, benefits and the application procedure of the scheme.
|Name of the scheme
|Sabka Vishwas or Legacy Dispute Resolution Scheme or SVLDRS
|Date of announcement
|Starting date of application
|Closing date of application
|Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
|1800 1200 232
Key features of the scheme
- No legal action will be taken – Tax defaulter organizations will not get entangled in any legal action, taken on behalf of the central government for non-tax payments, as per the scheme guidelines.
- Complete interest or penalty waiver – If any organization has been slapped with interest or penalties for not paying their taxes on time, then the central government will waive off the total amounts.
- Partial discounts for pending cases – If an organization has a pending legal case, related to the tax or excise duty payments, they can get the benefit of the scheme as well. If the due amount is Rs. 50 lakhs or less, then 30% due payment will settle the case. In case the amount crosses the Rs. 50 lakh mark, then 50% due payment will resolve the matter.
- Partial tax payments – Those applicants who have not paid the tax arrears will also attain some respite. If the due sum is less than or equal to Rs. 50 lakhs, then applicants must pay only 40% of the tax arrears amount. If the due sum crosses the threshold of Rs. 50 lakhs, then such applicants will need to pay only 60% of the total due sum.
- Opportunity for voluntary disclosure – Applicants can come forth and make a voluntary declaration. It will highlight that amount that these applicants must pay. In that case, the central government will only take the due sum from these applicants, without any additional charges.
Eligibility for application
- Registered business – Only business owners and manufacturers, which have registered trade companies, can apply for the benefits of this new dispute settlement project.
- Main operation in India – It has been mentioned in the scheme that the main market and production units of the interested companies must be located in India.
- Owned by an Indian – If the company owner is not an Indian, then the company authority cannot apply for the benefits.
- GST registered – If the company does not have a GST registration number, then it will be barred from attaining the benefits of this scheme.
Documents necessary for application
- Aadhar card – It is mandatory for the applicants to offer a photocopy of their Aadhar Cards. This ID verification pass will come in handy during background checks.
- Tax documents – The applicant must furnish all the prior tax deposition documents, during the application and dispute settlement procedures.
- GST documents – Every interested applicant must produce updated GST registration documents.
- Central excise papers – The excise duty papers, which have been sent to the applicant from the central excise department, must be produced during dispute settlements.
- Business PAN Card – A photocopy of the PAN card that has been issued in the name of the business organization must be furnished for fact checking.
How to get registration form and apply for the relief?
- Online application only – All interested parties must apply for the scheme via the official portal that has been launched by the central government.
- Official portal – To get to the authorized portal of this scheme, applicants need to click on the link https://cbic-gst.gov.in/.
- Options on the homepage – When you click on the address link, the homepage of the scheme will open up. You will get several options on the top of the page, placed on the blue strip.
- Click on SVLDRS – One of the options on the top of the page is marked as “SVLDRS” which is the short form for this scheme name.
- Generate login button – As soon as you click on this option button, you will be directed to another page. The address link of this page is https://cbic-gst.gov.in/sabka-vishwas.html
- Download the files – If you want more information about the various aspects of this scheme, you can download the PDF files and read them.
- Login process – At the bottom of the list, you will see a green button. It is marked as “Click here to SVLDRS Login”
- Application page – Clicking on the login button will open a new page in a new tab. It is the official online application form.
- Fill up the form – Several sections are marked in the application form. You must type in the correct details.
- Form submission – Once the form has been filled in with the pertinent information, you need to type in the capchat code and then click on the “Submit” button.
Restrictions of the scheme
- No payment via input tax credit account – It has been clearly mentioned in the scheme draft that all the applicants must take the necessary steps to ensure that the payment is not done via any input tax credit account.
- No refunds – Once the applicant has paid the money to settle the dispute, the central government is not entitled to refund the sum to the applicant.
- Only due payments will be considered – The money that an applicant pays for the settlement of the disputes, will be considered as due clearance only. The central government will not consider this payment as the input tax credit.
FAQ of the scheme
- Is it a continuous project?
Ans: No. It is a one-time-opportunity that the central government is giving to the business organizations to come clean with their due tax payments.
- If an applicant has several legal cases, will be get the benefits?
Ans: No. If the organization has several legal pending cases, filed in its name for non-tax payment, then the applicant cannot attain the benefits.
- Are manufacturing companies from all sectors included?
Ans: Manufacturing companies and business houses, falling under 26 different acts can apply for this benefit.
- Can an applicant apply if an audit is in progress?
Ans: No. If an audit is in progress and the total tax and due amount has not been calculated, then the applicant cannot apply for these benefits.
- If an applicant gets many show cause notices, will he be able to apply?
Ans: No. If an applicant gets SCNs from several government departments, then he cannot register to attain the benefits.
- Can appellate forum applicants register?
Ans: No. Such candidates have been left out of this scheme.
- Can applicants get the benefits is they file an appeal on or after 1st July, 2019?
Ans: No. Such applicants will not be allowed to attain the perks of this scheme.
- Can organizations, which have gone to the Settlement Commission, apply?
Ans: No. The scheme rules bar such organizations from applying for attaining the scheme benefits.
- Can a person apply for the benefits if the due amount is massive?
Ans: No. Such applicants will have to pay the due amount as per government orders, and cannot apply for this dispute settlement scheme.
- When will applicants get a notification about the status of their registration?
Ans: The central government will check the eligibility clauses. Selected applicants will get an official dispute settlement order from the central government departments within 60 working days.
Narendra Modi has opined on several occasions that for the holistic development of the nation, the business communities must do their part. Paying the central business taxes adds money in the government’s coffers. This money is then used for developmental projects. This dispute settlement scheme will not only offer relief to the defaulter companies, but will encourage them to pay the necessary taxes on time, in the future.
- Delhi Water Bill Arrears Waiver Scheme 2019
- YSR Navodayam Scheme for MSME 2019
- Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Dalit in Delhi
- Bangla Krishi Sech Yojana West Bengal